Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Washington DC


I went to Washington DC this weekend to visit my friend Audrey. This was the last time I could get on a plane before the baby comes so I packed my bags and waddled my way through the airport. The humidity was at an all time high. By the time we were ready to board I was so thirsty and out of breath I thought I might pass out. Now you would think watching a red faced and panting pregnant woman try to hoist her bag up into the overhead compartment would cause some nice person to jump out of their seat to help, but no. The guy sitting in the aisle seat of my row just sat there. I thought to myself, "I hope you don't mind as I thrust my huge belly in your face. And please pay no attention to the grunting noises your hearing. I'll be just fine." I mean really. Don't be fooled by the swollen man hands and sausage fingers. I'm really not that strong and could have used a hand. I sat in my chair and put the air on full blast. Fortunately the flight was only an hour long.
I had a great weekend. It was the perfect amount of site seeing and relaxing. Even though Audrey lives in the city and usually takes the metro everywhere; she went out of her way to drive me around so that I wouldn't have to walk too much in the heat and humidity. We saw the Pandas at the zoo, the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Jim Henson exhibit and ate at a few fabulous restaurants. To top it all off they have central ac and full cable with DVR. By the end of the trip I was ready to go home and see Nigel, but I'll miss the cable.
Thanks Audrey and Jesse!!

3 comments:

Matt Bortmess said...

Danielle! I laughed at your airplane experience! But even more at the cable comment. We will finally have cable next Monday when we get settled in our house!!! I'm counting down the days to DVR.

shellydam said...

Danielle....I did not give you permission to take my bag out of the state! I have Proof. Never Again... Then again you should've hit that rude man in front of you in the head with it "opps Sorry"! LOVE ME! BFFL

ach0611 said...

I'm glad you had a good time! We loved having you visit!