Monday, August 4, 2008

Heartbeats and Headaches


I was so anxious for my first doctor’s appointment that the weeks literally felt like months and months of waiting. Then finally the day came. Nigel and I knew that the doctor was going to try to listen to the heartbeat for the first time. We were so nervous. After talking with the doctor for a bit, I laid down on the table and he pulled out the Doppler monitor. He told me to be patient. That it sometimes can take a few minutes for him to find the heartbeat. With Nigel by my side I laid there and listened. After about 5 seconds I began to cry. I had been through this before. Nigel held my hand tight and we waited as the doctor passed the monitor back and forth over my stomach. Then finally we heard it. It sounded like a little freight train. We were only able to hear it for a couple of seconds because I burst into tears which made it difficult for the doctor to keep the monitor on my stomach, but it was there and we were thrilled.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

congratulations! Your blog popped up when I was randomly looking at blogs on blogger. Anyway, I also found out I was pregnant in March of 06, so I guess your due date is around the same time my son was born. Anyway, you must be getting along now though- enjoy pregnancy- the baby will be here before you know it!