Friday, August 22, 2008

I felt like the stay puft marshmallow man


I had my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment yesterday. Now that I'm getting closer to the end I have to go every 2 weeks. Usually the appointments are pretty much the same. Up until this last appointment no one has said a word to me about my weight gain. I guess I was pretty much on target...was on target. At this last appointment I had gained 7lbs since my previous appointment which had been a month ago. I didn't think it was that bad. I guess I was wrong. The nurse actually said to me, "So, you've gained 7lbs. Do you really think it could be 7lbs? I'm going to have to have my scale checked." Thanks a lot! It's the summer! I'm retaining water! I'm allowed a little bit of ice cream! I saw her glance at my sausage fingers; I don't think she was convinced. When the appointment was over I immediately became very aware of the 7lbs. I felt like the stay puft marshmallow man from Ghostbusters as I waddled out of the office.
As I ate my 6 piece chicken mcnugget I thought about my diet and decided I really needed to continue eating the healthy foods I was already eating, but cut down on all the bad stuff. The first and second trimesters were easy since I really wasn't that hungry, but these last couple of weeks my appetite has dramatically increased. I'm hungry all the time and somehow the salad and fruit I have for lunch every day just doesn't cut it. I'm going to challenge myself these next two weeks to still eat enough, but make sure that it is all good stuff I'm eating. I'll show that nurse! Next time if she tells me she has to have her scale checked, I'll politely tell her where she can put that scale.

1 comment:

Lembkes said...

Don't worry what the nurses say. I gained 50 pounds with Courtney.